|Creating a new Kobold2D project is done through the Kobold2D Project Starter.app. The app is located in the ~Kobold2D\Kobold2D-X.Y folder (X.Y is the version number of Kobold2D).|
- Run Kobold2D Project Starter.app:
- Select one of the provided template projects.
- This step is optional:
- Select a different workspace from the Add to Workspace list or
- Enter the name of a new workspace in the Add to Workspace text field.
- Enter the name for your new project.
- Click Create Project From Selected Template to have the project and, if necessary, the workspace created for you.
- Xcode will open the selected workspace which contains the newly created project.
- Select your project and a target platform from the scheme dropdown and click the Run button.
|Close open workspaces in Xcode|
It is recommended to close the workspace in Xcode (or close Xcode altogether) before adding a new project to that workspace. Otherwise Xcode will show you this notification:
If you click Keep Xcode Version your newly created project will not appear in the Kobold2D workspace because Xcode reverts the changes done by the Project Starter tool. If you click Revert your new project will be correctly added to the workspace, but you risk losing unsaved changes.
|No Xcode Project Templates|
Due to technical limitations of the built-in Xcode 4 project template format Kobold2D does not provide project templates accessible through Xcode's File -> New -> New Project... dialog.
Continue with Working with Kobold2D Projects.