The Most Important Changes & Additions
- updated Box2D to 2.2.1 (from: 2.1.2)
- Box2D API has changed! See Physics-Box2D template project for making the necessary changes to GLESDebugDraw, b2World initialization, screen border collision shape, etc in your Box2D projects.
- added "Cocos2D with UIKit Views" template project to demonstrate UIKit integration and hit testing (KKHitTest class)
- KKInput complete:
- current touches exposed as CCArray with KKTouch objects. Locations are already converted to Cocos2D OpenGL view coordinates.
- supports all standard gestures: tap, double-tap, long-press, swipe, pan, pinch, rotation.
- added AdMob banner support through config.lua settings (thanks to Simon Jewell)
- AdMob support can be disabled in kkUserConfig.h to conserve approx. 900 KB (archive build app size)
Minor Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Build Settings: "Treat Warnings as Errors" defaults to NO to be easier on beginning developers and for prototyping / quick tests
- Writing warning-free code is considered a (if not the) best practice.
- Added CCNode +(id) nodeWithScene method.
- Returns autorelease instance of a node wrapped in a CCScene object, so that you don't have to write +(id) scene class method in layers anymore.
- Various fixes to Kobold2D API reference (ie added missing classes, split Kobold2D API reference into iOS & Mac OS)
- added KKAppDelegate methods to override root ViewController and the root UIView
- removed RootViewController from all projects, it's no longer needed. You can now substitute your own subclass of KKRootViewController if necessary.
- removed the contents of the Frameworks groups (project cleanup)
- Kobold2D API reference now also exists in iOS and Mac OS versions
- use CocosDenshion SimpleAudioEngine in all tests instead of ObjectAL (CD is cross-platform)
- updated physics template projects to use KKInput, added gravity based on accelerometer values
- Kobold2D Project Upgrader tool now works on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 32-bit machines
- Enabled Mac fullscreen support and added a config.lua setting EnableFullScreen
- OS X Deployment target now defaults to OS X 10.6 (was: 10.5)
- Added EnableStatusBar config.lua setting to show/hide the iPhone statusbar