KoboldTouch is the commercial successor of Kobold2D. Featuring Objective-C Physics, an MVC architecture and greatly improved tilemap rendering its focus is on adding gameplay features and making your work easier.
Kobold2D is an extended and improved version of the popular Cocos2D for iPhone game engine. Everything you know about Cocos2D can still be applied, and Kobold2D is easier to get started with, more convenient to use, more powerful and flexible than Cocos2D with all the documentation available online and offline. Use Kobold2D to develop iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac OS X games for both Apple App Stores.
- Should I try Cocos2D first before switching to Kobold2D?
- Is Kobold2D updated when cocos2d-iphone is?
- How can I migrate an existing Cocos2D project to Kobold2D?
Kobold2D starts as a service for Cocos2D game developers:
- providing more convenience, removing nuisances
- adding more relevant features for game developers
- being responsive to user needs and requests
- offering superior documentation
Kobold2D is free and open source, released under the MIT License.
Kobold2D has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Zynga, Ricardo Quesada or the respective copyright holder of any included third-party library unless otherwise indicated.
The use and distribution of third party libraries included in Kobold2D is in conformance to each library's end user license or has been authorized.
- Kobold2D has been authorized by Vimov to distribute the iSimulate SDK library.
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iOS, Mac, Mac OS, iTunes, App Store, Xcode are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Cocos2D is a registered trademark of Ricardo Quesada.
Kobold2D is an unregistered trademark of Steffen Itterheim.
Kobold2D and Kobold2D.com © 2010-2011 Steffen Itterheim and contributors. All rights reserved worldwide unless otherwise indicated.